Snapchat is the most secure social media platform out there. Yes, not Facebook, Instagram nor WhatsApp are secure than Snapchat. Even with a highly encrypted chats facility, they also let users access the “Two Factor Authentication” facility. This service is disabled in the built-in settings of Snapchat. But you can enable these services by implying the steps I’ve drafted for you. Here, you can discover a way to Enable Two Factor Authentication on Snapchat. It’s an easy task to complete, but only if you follow my lead properly.
How Do I Enable Two Factor Authentication on Snapchat?
A user doesn’t need to pay or imply any complicated steps to turn on two-factor authentication. Because this service is not only available in Snapchat but also in some other social media platforms. But if you are a user of this secure & fun-loving social portal, then you need to follow the steps provided below:
- Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone and tap once on your profile icon.
- From the next Window, hit the gear (settings) button.
- Swipe down a little and tap on “Two-Factor Authenticator”
- Tap on “Continue”
- Now there are two main ways to enable such a feature. Either you can decide to get a text message code on your registered mobile number. Or you can select an Authentication app like Google Authenticator.
- If you choose the “Text Verification”, then you’ll get a code instantly which you can enter inside the app.
- But if you choose the “Authentication app”, then you first need to install Google or Microsoft Authenticator.
- When you have installed and configured an Authenticator app, open Snapchat again.
- Now after selecting the “Authentication app” option, select “Set up Automatically”
- Launch the Authenticator app to get the verification code.
- Enter the same code inside Snapchat and follow the on-screen instruction.
- After successful verification of code, Two Factor Authentication on Snapchat will be enabled.
That’s all, keep visiting igeeksguides for more.