This feature is consistent in every version since the development of Windows. Hide your private files from the other user’s eyes. Windows offers the feature of hiding the files. It is very easy to hide any file. Just right click on that file, open properties, check hidden and then click on Ok. The problem arises for those users who don’t know how to reveal those files again. This means they don’t know the way back to show hidden files in Windows 10. Well, that’s so easy infact there are multiple ways to do this.
How to Shows Hidden Files and Folders:
Maybe due to the Windows Update, they can’t find the option. Well, Windows 10 offers many ways to show hidden files or folders. Below we have mentioned the procedures to accomplish the task.
Through Windows Search:
- Type the Hidden Files in the Windows search bar.
- Select the Show hidden files and folders present with the Folder icon.
- Again check the Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drivers at the next Windows.
- Now come back to the location from where you hide that file.
- You will see your hidden file is revealed now.
Through Control Panel:
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows 10 Laptop/Desktop.
- At the top right side, select the View By options as small icons.
- Now go the File Explorer Options.
- One the appearance of next Window, click on View Tab.
- Scroll down a bit and change the “Hidden files and folders” setting to “Show hidden files, folders, and drives“.
- You also have the option to keep the “Hide protected operating system files” box as well. This will not show the private and confidential files if you allowed computer to show hidden files and folders.
Through File Explorer:
- Press the Windows button, click on the File Explorer icon.
- Select the View option.
- Check Hidden items Box to reveal files behind the curtain.