Today I will guide you on how to reset your password from the Gmail ID. Some of the users want to change the password of their Gmail ID or some have forgotten their password. But you do not know how to reset the password. Do not worry because I am here to help you with that matter. Below you will see the methods by which you can successfully reset your Gmail ID password from Desktop, Android and iOS devices.
Reset Gmail Password From Desktop
Sign in on the Gmail ID from your Desktop PC and follow the instructions given below:
- First, click on your profile picture from the top right corner and click on the Manage your Google Account.
- The account management page will open in the new tab, from there, click on the Personal info option.
- After that, you will see your profile info and you need to click anywhere at the password box.
- Then you need to re-enter your current password to verify that you are the owner of that account. This is important for security purposes because if you left your account logged in any other device then nobody can change your password.
- After entering the old password now you need to enter your new password twice. Try to enter the strong password and do not use this password on other websites and apps.
- Then click on the change password option and you have successfully reset or change your password.
Reset Gmail Password From Android
If you want to reset the Gmail password from your Android devices then follow the steps below:
- Open your Gmail app or visit the Gmail website from the browser of your Android device
- If you are using the app then click on the profile picture of yours that is available at the top right corner near the search bar. But if you want to reset the password from the Gmail website then you need to click on the burger menu available near the search bar. From there select the Settings option.
- Then select the Manage your Google Account option.
- After that, you will see the Google account settings, move the tab into the Personal Info option. From there, select the password option.
- Now enter your password to verify that you are the account owner.
- Then enter the new password twice. Try to set a strong password.
Reset Gmail Password From iOS
Below you will see the steps on how you can reset the Gmail password from your iOS devices.
- Open the Gmail app on your iOS device and click on the profile picture.
- After that, select on the Manage your Google Account option.
- You will see the Google account settings, move the tab into the Personal Info option and select the password option.
- Enter the current Gmail password to verify that you are the owner of that account.
- After that, you have to enter the new password twice. Make sure that you enter the new password strong enough so that nobody can guess it.
- At last click on the Change Password option and that how you have reset the password of your Gmail Account.
We hope that with the help of this guide you guys are able to reset the Gmail ID password successfully. If you have questions then feel free to contact us in the comment section below.