Kodi is a live streaming platform with no limits. Because here you get to watch any sort of movies & tv shows for free. Another good thing about Kodi is that it is available for all major platforms. Yes, it is available for Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, Mac, Chromebook & Firestick. But most English men prefer using its service to watch their desired stuff over the internet.
There is an error code named as Playback Failed on Kodi. This problem occurs mostly because of the software’s cache memory. You can clear it directly from the software interface to get rid of this issue. But sometimes this method doesn’t come handy and you have to perform some other steps to solve this problem. That’s why I have drafted a guide of How To Fix Playback Failed on Kodi. I will try to keep things simple, but you need to follow all the steps I have drafted for you.
Fixing Playback Failed on Kodi
Solution#1: Clearing Cache
- Navigate to the “Kodi Settings”.
- Go to the “File Manager” and then “Add Source” tab.
- Type-in http://solved.no-issue.is/ in the URL bar and press enter.
- Now again open Kodi Settings from the software’s home interface.
- Select “Add-ons” and then repository as rawmaintenance.zip file.
- Install this repository by clicking on the install button.
- Open “Programs” and go the “Raw Maintenance” tab.
- Now you will see the “Clear Cache” tab, tap on it.
- Kodi’s maintenance cache is cleared now.
Solution#2: Deleting Database
- Inside Kodi, naviagte to “Settings”.
- In “File Manager”, click on “Profile Directory”.
- Now click on “Database”.
- Select “Delete the Addon.db” file.
- The database file will be removed successfully.
Solution#3: Checking Log File
- In “Kodi Settings”, select “Add-ons”.
- Navigate to “Install from Repository”.
- Choose your “Program Add-ons” and then reinstall the “log viewer on Kodi”.
- Reboot Kodi and navigate to “Program”.
- Inside “Log Viewer”, select “Show Log” to see if log file is available or not.
Solution#4: Using Old Version
If nothing seems to work to Fix Playback Failed on Kodi, you need to install the old version. It’s available on the Kodi website or you can visit different websites to get it. I am telling you this because when I installed the Exodus version, it bothered me a lot. So it’s a possibility that this error is just because of the newer version. Try the older version of Kodi, and start enjoying your favorite media on Kodi.
That’s all, keep visiting igeeksguides for more.