ADUC is the reason why novice users prefer using Windows 10. Because this facility allows them to become a boss of their Windows Desktops & Laptops. With it, they can monitor system processings, manage account settings, decide who they want to add or remove and so on.
But there’s a tiny problem with ADUC. It is not enabled by default. Matter of fact, it’s good that this facility is not installed in Windows OS from the beginning. However, this guide is about How To Install Active Directory Users & Computers on Windows. I know it’s something different from the operations you do in Windows computers. So I’ll try to present things as simple as possible.
Installing Active Directory Users & Computers on Windows 10/8.1/8
Before we get to the main part, I want you to remember one thing. ADUC can only be enabled on Windows 10, Windows Professional or Windows Enterprise editions. So if you are running some other Windows versions, this guide will be no help for you. Rather you’ll get an error saying “This update does not qualify your computer”.
Install ADUC on Windows 10 1809 or Higher
If you are running Windows 1809 or higher version. You need to follow the steps drafted below:
- Open Windows Settings via the Start menu.
- Now navigate to “Apps” and after that, “Manage Optional Features”
- Select “Add feature”
- Click on “RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools”
- Hit the install button and wait for it to install properly.
- To check, type Administrative Tools in the search bar and see if it’s opening.
Install ADUC on Windows 10 1803 or Older Versions
- Download Remote Server Administration Tools on your Windows PC (depending upon your Windows version).
- Now install the Remote Server Administration tools on your PC.
- After installing the software, open Control Panel from the Start menu.
- In Control Panel, go to Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Swipe down a little and click on “Remote Server Administration Tools”
- Now first Expand “Role Administration Tools” and then “AD DS and AD LDS Tools”
- Check the “AD DS Tools” checkbox and press the Ok button.
- Now an option of Administrative Tools will start to appear inside the Start menu.
- Just select any Active Directory Tools you want to enjoy ADUC.
- Else, you can type active directory in the search bar and open it from there.
That’s all, keep visiting igeeksguides for further guides.