Here we will tell you how to recover deleted Instagram Messages. We have made a complete guide which allows you to recover deleted Instagram direct messages on Android and iPhone.
Instagram is one of the best social network platforms. It let users share their priceless moments with friends and family. On instagram, you can share pictures and videos. This Photo-Sharing App is available for free on both Android and iOS devices. While uploading pictures and videos users can add a variety of filters and effects which enhances the beauty of their moments. Moreover, you can also add a location through geotags.
In the latest Instagram update, users can now send private messages, pictures, and videos to their friends. This feature is known as Instagram Direct Messages. Instagram App also lets users delete these direct message. But it becomes a problem when you by mistake delete messages. It becomes even worse when you do not know how to recover deleted Instagram messages on iPhone or Android.
Many users are searching for a solution on the interent on how can I recover deleted Instagram Direct Messages or how to view deleted direct messages on Instagram. If you are among one of them then you dont have to worry anymore. We have drafted a complete guide on how to restore Instagram direct messages.
Recover Deleted Instagram Messages on Android and iPhone
Once you have deleted a conversation it will no longer availabe in Direct Messages Inbox. It cannot be recovered directly from the Instagram App. Luckily, it is available on the server. For that, you need to request Instagram. After receiving the data you can recover messages through third-party tools. Follow the instructions given below.
Method To Request Instagram Data
- Open the Instagram App on your Android device or iPhone.
- Enter the Username and Password to Login Instagram Account.
- After login, you will see the main dashboard/home of your Instagram Account.
- Click on the icon of the profile which you will see at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From top right corner tap on three dots icon and then click on Settings.
- Here you need to select Privacy and security.
- Now in security section tap on Download Data option in order to request your Instagram Data from the server.
- Give your registered email ID and then Request Download button.
Important Note: It might ask you to enter a password as well for security reasons. After entering you’re Instagram Password click on the Next button.
After sending the request, Instagram will start processing things which you have shared. You will recive Instagram data on your registered Email ID. It takes up to 48hours to send an email.
Method To Recover Instagram Data
After receiving the email from Instagram follow these steps below.
- Open your Registered Instagram Email. Open an email which you have received from Instagram.
- Here you need to click on the download data button. Doing this you will be redirected to Instagram login.
- Enter your Username and Password to login Instagram and download data.
- After downloading the data you need to download the file manager from the link below becuase data downloaded is in zip format.
- After downlaidng the file manager. Install it on your device.
- Now open the file manager app and locate Instagram data file.
- Tap and hold on the file to get Extract options.
- Select the location where you want to extract the files of data.
- Once done now you need to download another app Json Genie (Editor). In order to recover deleted messages.
- Open it. Agree with terms and conditions of Json Genie app.
- Now tap on three lines menu and select Open JSON File option.
- After that, you need to open Instagram Data Folder and select messages.json file. Click on Ok option.
- Here you will see all the Instagram messages of All time.
This is how you can recover deleted Instagram messages on Android and iPhone. If you face any issue while performing these steps then let us know in comments below. Thanks!