Error 0xc00000e9 is one of the most common error code which users face on their Windows device. Windows 10 and Windows 8 users are popular victims of this error. This code usually referred to as an input or output error. You will face this error if the hardware of PC such as hard disk or HDD is not connected to Windows 10 or Windows 8 system.
The most common causes of this issue are hard drive failure, error in bios settings, defective hardware, corrupted files and software issues, etc. Windows will not boot in normal condition once 0xc00000e9 error occurs on Windows Operating System.
Fix Error 0xc00000e9 on Windows 7, 8 & 10
Here are the multiple ways to fix Error 0xc00000e9 on Windows 7, 8 & 10. All methods give below worked for the user. It might work for you as well.
#1: Disconnect All External Devices
- Shutdown or Power off your PC or Laptop.
- Disconnect all external devices such as hard disk, mouse, keyboard, USB, printer, etc.
- Turn on the Laptop and check if you still face the error.
- If it gets solved then it must be an issue becuase of the external device.
#2: Boot Disc
Some users fix this issue by booting disc. The first thing you need to do is o download and install any free Antivirus. After that, you need to set bootable rescuer tool on the removable tool. Now scan all PC with antivirus. Delete all detected threats from your PC.
#3: Automatic Repair
- Open settings from the charm bar.
- Click on the option of change PC settings.
- From left side choose Update and Recovery and select Recovery.
- From right side choose Restart now option.
- Now click on automatic repair option and follow the isntrctuns to automatic repair Windows.
#4: Check Hard Disk Drive
- First of all, you need to boot Windows 10 or 8 into Safe mode.
- Open My Computer. Right-click on Local C disc and choose properties.
- Now click on Tools option.
- Under error checking option click on check error.
- Make sure that you have checked both option scan and attempt recovery for bad sectors. Moreover, check automatically fix files system error after clicking on the start button.
After the complete scan, the Error 0xc00000e9 on Windows 7, 8 & 10 will be fixed.