We provide you the guide on how to disable Incognito Mode In Google Chrome. Many of you are using the Chrome browser because it provides maximum protection while browsing or downloading files. Most of you know about the Incognito Mode In Google Chrome and how it works? If you want to know about it then we will tell you that as well.
What is the Incognito Mode?
Incognito Mode is also known as private browsing in Google Chrome. Normally when you visit any websites or download something from the chrome browser then all of the browsing and downloading history stored in Chrome. Incognito Mode in Chrome allows users to surf the net without any browsing history. No data is stored in the backhand of Google Chrome.
Many of you have enabled Incognito Mode in Chrome and do not know how to disable it. So if you want to disable it then follows the steps that are given below:
Steps To Disable Incognito Mode In Google Chrome
- First, press the Windows Key + “R” to bring up the Run box.
- Then type “regedit“ and press “Enter“.
- Now navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” > “SOFTWARE” > “Policies” > “Google” > “Chrome“.
- Then right-click “Chrome” and select “New” > “DWORD 32-bit value“
- At there give value a name of “
- After that double click on the “
IncognitoModeAvailability“. A box will appear and you can set the value data to “1“ over there.
- At last, restart the computer.
By doing these settings the option to select “Incognito Mode” in Google Chrome will be gone.
Steps To Disable Incognito Mode In Mac
These are steps by which you can disable the Incognito Mode in Mac OS.
- From the Finder, select “Go” and then select “Utilities“.
- After that open the “Terminal” application.
- Now type the following and press “Enter“:
defaults write com.google.chrome IncognitoModeAvailability -integer 1
- At last, restart your Mac.
- By doing these settings the Incognito Mode option will no longer be available in Mac OS.
Note: If you want to enable the Incognito Mode again then perform the same steps and only change the “1” to a “0”.