Windows operating systems are known to be the most secure. Because such OS let users secure their data from online viruses and even from the hackers while surfing the internet. But because of the variant file security threats like ransomware, users know that Windows firewall is not good enough for them. That’s why, they started to secure their files, folders & drives with passwords. But there a catch, many of the time, users forget about the BitLocker of the protected files & folders. For such users, we have drafted a convenient guide of How To Get Bitlocker Recovery Key in Windows 10/8/7.
Finding Bitlocker Recovery Key in Windows
There are several ways of finding Bitlocker Recovery Key in Windows OS. But most of the solutions are really lengthy and not all Windows users can understand how to perform them. That’s why we are going to talk about the easiest ways of recovering BitLocker Recovery Key. To be honest, we will be discussing two different ways.
Way 1 – Getting Bitlocker Recovery Key via CMD
- Open CMD (command prompt) and run it as administer.
- Now execute the following command in the CMD interface.
manage-bde -protectors C: -get
- Afterward, you will be delivered with the forty-eight digit passcode.
- Copy the passcode and paste it to decrypt your drive.
Way 2 – Finding Bitlocker Key Online
This only works for users who have a Microsoft account and they have connected their device with Onedrive. So if you are one of the Onedrive users, do follow the steps provided below:
- Go to Onedrive Recovery Key webpage.
- Enter your MSN or Microsoft account credentials.
- After a successful sign-in, you will be provided with the Bitlocker key.
Wrap up: Here comes an end to our guide on How To Get Bitlocker Recovery Key in Windows 10/8/7. Feel to ask for suggestions in case you get stuck in performing any of the above-provided steps. Keep following igeekguides for future guides. Thanks.