Instagram was the worst social media platform in terms of security when it was in its initial days. Probably the easiest one to hack. But once Facebook took over Instagram control, they took it to a whole new level. Now Instagram have one of the strongest encryptions for the security of accounts. And, you can improve your Instagram Account security using 2-factor authentication.
Now almost every user’s database on the internet use feature. Logic is a very simple, 2 FA secure account with 2 layers of security. One layer is the set password which we set while registration on the portal. The second layer depends on your choice. Either you want to code on your phone number or you can use the Authenticator app.
We recommend using the Mobile phone option. It is more safe and quick. Every time you try to log in to your account after entering a password, Instagram will send a code on your provided phone number. Copy that code and paste in the available Enter Code option. After that, you will be able to open your Instagram account. Remember, Your SIM must be operated. If you intend to change the phone number you have to replace the old Phone number with a new one on Instagram first. This option is kept for the user’s benefits. No one can access your account unless he have the password and fresh code.
How to Set 2 Factor Verification on Instagram:
It is so simple to set 2-factor authentication on Instagram. This option is present in stock, so you don’t need any other tool for it. Look for this option on Instagram through these steps.
- Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap on your Profile icon present at Bottom right.
- Tap on three Line icon present at the top right corner of your Instagram Profile.
- Choose the settings option present alone at the bottom.
- Instagram Settings list will appear. Choose the option of security.
- Locate the 2 Factor Authentication option and tap on it.
- Tap on the get started button.
- Now you will get 2 options.
- Text Message.
- Authentication App.
- We prefer Text Message, so turn on the slider to enable it.
- Instagram will send code on your registered mobile number.
- Enter that code on your Instagram.
- Now they will notify you that your Instagram account 2-factor Authentication is enabled.
Instagram will give you 8 codes initially. These codes can be used to open insta account if your phone is stolen. each code can be used for each time. Screenshot the codes and save them in a secure place.