In this guide, we will guide you on how to enable to disable Administrator account on the Login screen. The concerning platform in Windows 10. Usually, when we open the Login screen Windows 10 shows us the current profile such as Administrator and Guest etc. If the Admin account doesn’t contain a password then anyone can open the account easily. If you want to keep the Admin profile hidden than you can disable it. Or if you want to keep it alive than enable the Administrator account Log-in screen. Follow the below steps to let know how to enable or disable Administrator Account on Log-in Screen in Windows 10.
How to Enable or Disable Administrator Account On Login Screen:
Here are the methods to enable or disable the Log-in Screen Administrator Account. Choose the one which is easy for you.
First Method: Group Policy
- Press the Win + R Key and type gpedit.msc in the appeared dialog box. Press the enter button.
- Follow the sequence;
Local Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Accounts > Administrator Account Status
- Enable or Disable the setting as desired.
Second Method: Through Admin Tools
- Press the Windows + R key, a dialog box will open.
- Type “lusrmgr.msc“ in the dialogue box, then press the Enter button.
- Click on Users and then select Administrator.
- Now uncheck or check “Account is disabled” choice is yours.
- After making a decision select OK to apply the change.
Third Method: Through Command
- Click on the Windows 10 search
- Type CMD at the search bar.
- Right-click on the command prompt then choose Run as administrator option.
- Enter the user name and password if you have set any.
- Grants Admin rights to the computer.
- Type: “net user administrator /active: yes” and press enter to enable Admin account on Windows 10 Login screen.
- To disable Admin Account on Login screen Replace the “Yes” with “No”.
Fourth Method: Through Windows Registry
- Press the Windows + R key and type Regedit in the Windows Run Dialogue Box.
- Follow the sequence:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Winlogon > SpecialAccounts > UserList.
- Right-click on the UserList, select “New” > “DWORD Value“ from the appeared list.
- Value the name as Administrator after selection press enter and click on done.
- Close the editor and now restart the PC once.
So, Viewers, these were the procedure to Enable or Disable Administrator Account On Login Screen in Windows 10. All methods are simple and easy, choose the one which you can easily understand. If you need any kind of assistance in the related topic or general software problem. Feel free to contact us.