None of us can stop using social media apps on our smartphones. No matter what’s your resume, if you own a smartphone, then you are also a user of a social media app. Most of the famous social apps are Facebook & Twitter. Such platforms are great but not good enough for people who are conscious of their security. It’s mainly because of the In-App browsers to help users visit different links and websites directly from the social app.
Because whenever you are using a web browser like Chrome or Firefox, you get to configure it according to your privacy concerns. So to help users stay private and say no to the In-App browsers, I’ve drafted a guide. Here, I’ll tell you a simple way to Disable In-App Browsers for Social Media Apps. This would help you open the social links in your default web browser.
How Do I Disable In-App Browsers for Social Media Apps?
In this guide, I’m only going to talk about the two famous & specific platforms, Facebook and Twitter. Because these two apps are the ones that have the most number of web page links. But if you want to know about any other app, let me know and I’ll tell you about it too.
Disable In-App Browser for Facebook
- Inside the Facebook app, tap on the hamburger icon.
- Expand the “Settings & Privacy” tab and tap “Settings”
- Swipe down a little and hit “Media and Contents”
- Now Enable the “Links open externally” toggle.
Disable In-App Browser for Twitter
- Open the Twitter app and tap once on your Profile icon.
- Select “Settings and privacy” from the left-side menu bar.
- Under “General”, hit “Display and sound”
- Now from the last option, uncheck the “Use in-app browser” checkbox.
- Relaunch the twitter app and you are good to go.
That’s all, keep visiting igeeksguides for more.