Windows Firewall was launched in 2003. It was included in Windows XP for the first time. In the Windows XP service 2 pack, this option was renamed as Internet Connection Firewall. In September 2017 when Microsoft launched its Windows 10 (1709) update this option renamed as Windows Defender Firewall. Now, this feature became the identity of Windows 10. It is one of the most prominent stock features offered by Microsoft Windows 10.
Windows Defender is the advanced security feature that comes with stock with every ongoing version of Windows. Through this software, you can block the miscellaneous software that creates a mess. It is so simple to block or unblock any program in Windows Defender Firewall.
Block or Unblock Programs In Windows Defender Firewall:
- Here are the steps to block or unblock any program in Windows Defender Firewall. The steps written below are according to Windows 10.
- At the start, the menu types the “Firewall” on the “Type here to search” bar.
- From the appeared menu, select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Once the Windows Defender Firewall screen appears, you will see different options. Choose the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option present at the left side under the Control Panel Home heading.
- Uncheck the box of the app to disallow it from accessing network resources. Or check the box for the opposite action means to allow the app to access system resources. Also, you can change the program from private to public, Vice versa or both.
See how simple is to block or unblock a program in the Windows Defender Firewall. Still, if you want any kind of assistance, you can freely contact us through the comment box. Or, you directly visit our Contact us page. Our tech experts are available 24/7.